Monday, April 16, 2012

Blueberry-Apple Pork Chops

Sorry, I really am not a photographer, and the pictures from my phone are pretty bad ! 
As I said in the previous post, we are running low on food in the house, and we have begun to make really crazy creative dishes. I bought some frozen blueberries for my yogurt in the mornings, but since the end of school is coming up, I figured I would try something new to use up the blueberries. P.S. my blog is called Chemistry in the Kitchen. It still tasted decent so I will share!

Ingredients:
-pork chops (or loin cut into chops)
-blueberries
-apple sauce

-casserole dish

Preheat the oven or toaster oven to 400F. Place the pork chops in the casserole dish, then place in the oven for 7 minutes. Mix enough blueberries with apple sauce to generously coat the pork chops. Plop (for lack of better adjective) the chunky sauce onto the pork chops and put back into the oven at 350F for another 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and spoon out the pork chops then pour a little of the juice onto each of the blue pork chops.

Note: I did this with 4 small slices of pork loin, so the cooking times will definitely be different if you are making more, however I don`t recommend making any less. Check here to make sure you wont die of salmonella.

Note: If you make this, report back and tell me if you liked it, cuz it sounds really strange, but it tasted good to some of the roommates, and others were too skeptical to even try!

Note: If you are not thrilling enough to try this entire dish, feel free to slice up some fresh apples (removing the peel) and place them on the pork instead!


Mmm

No comments:

Post a Comment