Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Over-the-top Pasta sauce (but still cheating)

Wow that looks gross... Tasted freaking awesome though...Best pasta sauce I'v ever had.


I know the easiest process to make pasta consists of
(1.) cook noodles
(2.) drain noodles and put them back in the same pot, then
(3.) sauce noodles
.. but if you are looking for a magnificent meal, here it is. My parents came for dinner before my hockey game last week and I made this before class for the day and left it to cook in my NEW SLOW COOKER all day. All I had to do was throw the noodles on 10 minutes before they arrived, and voila, dinner!! I know some pasta fanatics will be insulted I still used bottled/canned sauce even though I am "making my own sauce" haha, oh well!

Ingredients:
-Plain pasta sauce
-Diced veggies: green peppers, red peppers, onions, celery, carrots
-3 or 4(ish) cooked or left-over sausages

-crock pot

What I did was use home-made blanched veggies, so I thawed them in a bowl of cool water, then proceeded. So we poured the pasta sauce in the crock pot, then put some of the veggies and sausage in and stirred. Add just enough veggies and sausage that you still have enough sauce content to make it pour-able over the noodles. Turn the pot on low and cook for like 4-5 hours, stirring very rarely.


I think everyone needs a slow cooker. Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment